Your Library Card
Kling Memorial Library cards are available to all residents of Grundy County and the State of Iowa with valid identification. The adult patron requesting a card must provide a valid phone number and address (either street address or post office box). Children 13 years old and under can obtain library cards, but must have finished Kindergarten, and have the library form signed by a parent or legal guardian. Replacement cards are $.25 for the frist replacement card and the next time a card needs to be replaced the fee will be $1.00.
Having a library card allows patron to use the library to check out materials. Our policy on checking out books is as follows:
All library materials are available for check out and may be renewed if no one is waiting on a reserve list. Reference materials may not be checked out.
- Books and audiocassettes may be checked out for 3 weeks.
- Magazines may be checked out for 1 week.
- Newspapers may be checked out as follows: current issues for 3 days; older issues for 3 weeks.
- Videos and DVDs may be checked out for 4 days. TV Series DVDs may be checked out for 7 days. There is a limit to the number you are able to check out.
- CDs may be checked out for 3 weeks.
- Games may be checked out for 3 weeks.
- Puzzles may be checked out for 3 weeks.
- Puppets may be checked out for 3 weeks.
Damages to any item checked out from the Kling Memorial Library, beyond reasonable wear, shall be made good to the satisfaction of the librarian. This includes lost items that will need to be replaced.
Each borrower is held responsible for all materials drawn on his/her card and for all fines accrued on the same. In the event a patron abuses the use of their library privileges, such as not returning items within the guidelines and/or the items have to be returned with aid from the Police Department and/or the Court systems, the patron will not be allowed to check out library materials as per the Overdue Policy. If the abuse of library privileges has taken place, the patron will be on a probationary status for 1 year. The patron's ability to check out items during the time of probation will be limited to 2 items at a time. At the end of said year, the patron's status will be reviewed by the Board of Trustees.