The Kling Memorial Library maintains and furnishes an HTC Vive virtual reality system for the sole use of library patrons. Virtual Reality (VR) is a three-dimensional, computer generated environment which can be explored and interacted with by a person using a computer, headset, sensors and hand controllers. The user becomes a part of the virtual world or is immersed within the environment and while there is able to interact with and manipulate the environment.
*For some, the use of Virtual Reality equipment can cause dizziness and disorientation. Those prone to motion sickness should take care when using the equipment.
- Users of the HTC Vive must be over 13 years of age or under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
- Patrons may only use the VR alongside appointed library staff or volunteers.
- The library’s VR will be available during designated arcade days or in conjunction with staff run library programs.
- VR sessions may vary in time between 10 minutes up to 30 minutes depending on the number of patrons waiting to play or staff/volunteer availability.
- Patrons are allowed one session per day during regular arcade days.
- Patrons may make suggestions of game titles to be downloaded which will be reviewed by library staff. There is no guarantee suggestions will be purchased or downloaded.