Do you think you can read 100 books before graduating high school? Then join our 100 Books Before Graduation reading challenge. You can register the summer before 6th grade – seriously, as soon as you leave 5th grade on the last day of school, you’re eligible! – but teens who are already in middle school and high school are encouraged to join as well. You have until your high school graduation date to read 100 books. What’s in it for you, besides bragging rights and all the benefits of reading? We’ve got cool prizes you can earn along the way. Ready to join? Here’s how:
- Register for the challenge by checking out our website at grundycenter.lib.ia.us and find the 100 Books Before Graduation page or visit us in person to sign up.
- Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive a starter kit and be on your way.
- Read! 100 Books seems like a lot, but if you read one book a month, that’s 12 books in a year. Plus, you can count the books you have to read for school. Did you participate in our Summer Reading Program? Use those titles too. Just keep in mind, you can only count the books you read after registration. And, if you get stuck, we’ve compiled a list of the librarians' favorite books from our young adult and children's collections.
- Did we mention prizes? Stop by the library each time you've read 25 books to mark your progress and receive a prize for your hard work!
- Finish reading 100 books and receive a final prize pack for your success, as well as your name in the Teen Corner for your accomplishment!
Once you’re registered, you can start recording your books and be on your way to completing this program. The challenge ends when you graduate high school or when you complete 100 books, whichever comes first!